More U.S. businesses banning cash | Source: CBS News
More businesses around the U.S. are declining to accept cash payments, forcing customers to use credit and debit cards only.
At busy New York City lunch spot Two Forks, owner Michael Kaplan has banned cash to keep the lines moving faster. “With every cash transaction, the payment process was slowing down significantly,” he said in an interview with CBS News.
Yet while cash is now barred at the fast-casual restaurant, most customers seem to be embracing the switch.
“I never have cash on me — I always have my card on me. So for me, it’s pretty much easier,” said Two Forks customer Alex Yanoff.
From coffee shops to larger restaurant chains, more businesses are now banning bills. Proponents say eliminating hard currency is not only faster, it also reduces the risk of robberies.
But not everyone’s buying into it. Opponents argue that refusing to accept legal tender discriminates against people without cards, who may be on low incomes. And in some places, efforts are underway to actually ban businesses from banning cash.
Chicago Alderman Edward Burke is pushing the City Council to make it illegal for businesses to embrace the practice. “It’s user-unfriendly,” he told CBS in an interview late last year. “It’s elitist, and it shouldn’t be permitted.” The policy is already illegal in Massachusetts.
Dos Toros Taqueria owners Leo and Oliver Kremer said they rarely have to turn away cash-loyal customers.
“It just feels like that’s where everything is going. China is there already. India is halfway there. A lot of parts of Europe are mostly cashless,” Leo Kremer told CBS News.
To encourage establishments to go cashless, Visa (V) has offered thousands of dollars to small businesses to only take cards. None of the businesses featured in this story say they were given any money to go cashless.
King James Bible:
- Rev 13:16 | And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- Rev 13:17 | And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
- Isa 47:10 | For thou hast trusted in thy wickedness: thou hast said, None seeth me. Thy wisdom and thy knowledge, it hath perverted thee; and thou hast said in thine heart, I am, and none else beside me.
Referencing Esau/Edomites in the latter days, knowledge and wisdom is his/their technology, throught the mark of the beast and other applications, they are attempting to become as the Most High Yahawah and will inevitably fail miserably.
- Isa 14:12 | How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isa 12:13 | For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north
Isa 12:14 | I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isa 12:15 | Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
Luficer, in Hebrew h1966 Hayalal, simply means light bearer (no bearing to “Christian” concept of a fallen angel or the devil, this is not supported in scripture) and in this instance is referring to the edomites who are currently wiser than the Israelites/Yasharahla and in rulership of the earth.
- Luk 16:8 | And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.