Date Of The Sabbath & New Moon Days
In short the Sabbath is a day of worship and rest determined by the revolution of the moon (lunar cycle).
1st Sabbath : 1/28/2023 sundown to 1/29/2023 sundown
2nd Sabbath : 2/4/2023 sundown to 2/5/2023 sundown
3rd Sabbath : 2/21/2023 sundown to 2/12/2023 sundown
4th Sabbath : 2/18/2023 sundown to 2/19/2023 sundown
Current New Moon : 1/21/2023 sundown to 1/22/2023 sundown
Next New Moon : 2/19/2022 sundown to 2/20/2022 sundown
Prior New Moon : 12/22/2022 sundown to 12/23/2022 sundown
Prior Sabbath : 1/19/2023 sundown to 1/20/2023 sundown
*These dates are all expected, no man can exactly calculate future new moon days because ultimately the Most High determines when the new moons show. Our forefathers had a section of the priestshood devoted to watching the celestial bodies and heralding in the new moon.**Don’t fall into the Edomite rigidity trap of putting everything into categories/boxes and stating it has to be an exact time that their so-called scientists calculate. They are often wrong, any one that follows or emulates them will be in the wrong too.**
How Days Are Divided And Determined From One Another
The division of a day is from evening to evening. The last ray of sunlight (sunset) signifies the beginning of the new day and end of the previous one. The true day IS NOT marked by an arbitrary hour i.e. 12:00AM.
- Genesis 1:5 | And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
The concept of hours as we use it in the modern world (rulership of the Edomites) is wicked in origin. These hours denote the various times during when certain demonic forces are more willing to “work” certain types of witchcraft, with the hour of 11PM to 12AM being the most suitable (generally speaking) for working wickedness.
How The New Moon Is Determined
The New Moon day begins on the evening in which the moon has entirely disappeared from the sky. This may occur anytime before sunrise of the next day.
SUNRISE LINK: Sunrise Calendar By City
How To Determine the Sabbath Days & New Moon Days
We keep the Sabbath on the day of the new moon (days are denoted in the scriptures as evening to evening see below for further info) and then after every six days that pass until the next new moon.
- Ezekiel 46:1 | Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the new moon it shall be opened.
- Leviticus 23:39 | Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the LORD seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath.
For example each moon or lunar cycle, the Sabbaths are determined as follows:
Day 1=New Moon=First Day of the Month=Like unto a Sabbath
Day 29=Last Sabbath Day of the month (next month/lunar cycle begins with the new moon, which could be the very next or the day after or later as Yahawah determines its course)
- Ezekiel 45:17 | And it shall be the prince’s part to give burnt offerings, and meat offerings, and drink offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moons, and in the sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sin offering, and the meat offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offerings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.
- 2 Chronicles 2:4 | Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel.
The new moon day is the first day (evening to evening) of the month, during which the first, tiniest sliver of the moon appears.
- 1 Samuel 20:24 | So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat. 25And the king sat upon his seat, as at other times, even upon a seat by the wall: and Jonathan arose, and Abner sat by Saul’s side, and David’s place was empty. 26Nevertheless Saul spake not any thing that day: for he thought, Something hath befallen him, he is not clean; surely he is not clean. 27And it came to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month, that David’s place was empty: and Saul said unto Jonathan his son, Wherefore cometh not the son of Jesse to meat, neither yesterday, nor to day
The new moon is like unto the Sabbath.
- Amos 8:5 | Saying, When will the new moon be gone, that we may sell corn? and the sabbath, that we may set forth wheat, making the ephah small, and the shekel great, and falsifying the balances by deceit?
- Nehemiah 10:33 | For the shewbread, and for the continual meat offering, and for the continual burnt offering, of the sabbaths, of the new moons, for the set feasts, and for the holy things, and for the sin offerings to make an atonement for Israel, and for all the work of the house of our God.
- Psalms 81:3 | Blow up the trumpet in the new moon, in the time appointed, on our solemn feast day.
There are 5 Sabbaths per lunar cycle, there is no “double Sabbaths” the is simply the last sabbath of the month following by the new moon days. The New Moon Day is like unto a Sabbath but entirely distinct from a Sabbath. The word month comes from the word moon.
- Ecclesiasticus 43:8 | The month is called after her name, increasing wonderfully in her changing, being an instrument of the armies above, shining in the firmament of heaven;
“one-twelfth part of a year; one of the twelve parts into which the calendar year is arbitrarily divided,” Old English monað, from Proto-Germanic *menoth- (source also of Old Saxon manoth, Old Frisian monath, Middle Dutch manet, Dutch maand, Old High German manod, German Monat, Old Norse manaðr, Gothic menoþs “month”), which is related to *menon- “moon” (see moon (n.)). Originally the month was the interval between one new moon and the next (a sense attested from late Old English).
Its cognates mean only “month” in the Romance languages, but in Germanic they generally continue to do double duty. The development of the calendrical meaning for words from this root in Greek (mēn) and Latin (mensis) was accompanied by the creation of new words for “moon” (selēnē, luna). The phrase a month of Sundays “a very long time” is from 1832 (roughly 7 and a half months but never used literally).
The Moon Is A Luminary In The Firmament Of Heaven Which Denotes the Sabbath
The moon is one of the luminaries of the firmament referenced in the scripture below (the moon is not a rock floating in space that Edomites have landed on, that is cunningly devised fabel like much of their science so-called).
- Ecclesiasticus 43:6 | He made the moon also to serve in her season for a declaration of times, and a sign of the world. 7From the moon is the sign of feasts, a light that decreaseth in her perfection. 8The month is called after her name, increasing wonderfully in her changing, being an instrument of the armies above, shining in the firmament of heaven;
- Genesis 1:14 | And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
- 2 Peter 1:16 | For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord YAHAWASHI, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
The Sabbath Is A Holy Day Of Rest Unto Yahawah: An Issue Of Life And Death
Instruction from our forefather Moses (Ma’sha).
- Exodus 20:8 | Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
- Exodus 31:15 | Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.
To be clear, the Sabbath is a Holy day of rest but not an exclusive day of worship unto Yahawah, all days are for us to worship him.
- Isaiah 66:23 | And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
History of the Sabbath in Genesis:
- Genesis 2:2 | And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made
What Is Permissable And What Is Forbidden On The Sabbath
Resting and worship, referenced in the scriptures above is permitted, along with reading/teaching the word & performing miracles (when the time comes). Let the reader know that the Levites, as priests worked on Sabbath days, such that the glory of Yahawah was in no way diminished.
- Ezekiel 46:2 | And the prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the priests shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall go forth; but the gate shall not be shut until the evening. 3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the door of this gate before the LORD in the sabbaths and in the new moons.
- Matthew 12:5 | Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
- Acts 15:21 | For Moses of old time hath in every city them that preach him, being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
Helping others in the event of an emergency were also permissable.
- Mark 3:4 | And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
- Matthew 12:11 | And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.
- Exodus 23:4 | If thou meet thine enemy’s ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.5 If thou see the ass of him that hateth thee lying under his burden, and wouldest forbear to help him, thou shalt surely help with him.
Things like working, cooking, housework and yardwork were forbidden. Neither was fasting acceptable nor was fulfilling your own desires or otherwise entertaining yourself.
- Isaiah 58:13 | If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
- Exodus 35:3 | Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath day.
- Luke 6:1 | And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands. 2And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days? 3And YAHAWASHI answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him; 4How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone? 5And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
However, we are no longer under the law, subject to penalty of death. Our first covenant, which put us in subjection to the law, was imperfect and a school master meant to teach us the ways of righteousness, such that we eventually mature into “spiritual adults” when we finally are under the 2nd covenant. Right now we are under grace.
- Hebrews 10:1 | For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
- Galatians 3:24 | Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto YAHAWASHI, that we might be justified by faith.
- Romans 7:4 | Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of YAHAWASHI; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
- Hebrews 8:7 | For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.
- Judith 8:6 | And she fasted all the days of her widowhood, save the eves of the sabbaths, and the sabbaths, and the eves of the new moons, and the new moons and the feasts and solemn days of the house of Israel.
Advice Regarding The Sabbath
Acknowledge the Sabbath to the best of your ability. If possible, do your meal prep/cooking the day before to the best of your ability like our ancestors did in the wilderness, as explained in the scripture below. But if you forgot meal prep or are hungry and all you have is frozen food, go ahead a heat it up.
- Exodus 16:5 | And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.
- Mark 2:27 | And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:
- Luke 6:3 | And YAHAWASHI answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him; 4How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone? 5And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.
We are not to live our lives by an endless set of laws (that was of the time when our ancestors created the Talmud, which degenerated into degeneracy of the worst kind, the Amalekites are in possession of it in this modern day). Be mindful not to use your period of grace as an occasion to the flesh (i.e. being lazy when it is within your power to follow the customs and commandments give to our forefathers.
- Galatians 5:13 | For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
- Ezekiel 22:8 | Thou hast despised mine holy things, and hast profaned my sabbaths.
What If I Cannot Keep The Sabbath Because Of Work?
We are in captivity and will not always keep the Sabbath perfectly but keep/acknowledge it to the best of your ability and pray to Yahawah in the name of Yahawashi for you to be able to acknowledge/keep it more faithfully.
- Numbers 15:32 | And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. 33And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. 34And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. 35And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. 36And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
The “places of drawing water” in the manifold wisdom of Yahawah references our End Times captivity in America (and all places around the world)–hence rehearsing the rightesous acts.
- Judges 5:11 | They that are delivered from the noise of archers in the places of drawing water, there shall they rehearse the righteous acts of the LORD, even the righteous acts toward the inhabitants of his villages in Israel: then shall the people of the LORD go down to the gates.