Honoring, respecting and obeying your father and mother in accordance with the scriptures is love–NOT how Esau-Edom’s world claims is love. For love is the fulfilling of the law (Romans 13:10). If there was ever a time in life where you cursed your father or your mother, repent of it by sorrowing with a broken heart & contrite spirit (Psalms 51:17), praying forgiveness to Yahawah in the name of Yahawashi and resolving to change how you will act in the future.
- Exodus 20:12 | Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Proverbs 20:20 | Whoso curseth his father or his mother, his lamp shall be put out in obscure darkness.
- Leviticus 20:9 | For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
- Proverbs 23:22 | Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.
- Proverbs 30:17 | The eye that mocketh at his father, and despiseth to obey his mother, the ravens of the valley shall pick it out, and the young eagles shall eat it.
- Ecclesiasticus 3:10 | Glory not in the dishonour of thy father; for thy father’s dishonour is no glory unto thee.
- Ephesians 6:2 | Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
“Curse” from the BlueLetterBible.org
-to treat with contempt, bring contempt or dishonor
-to make despicable (look upon with scorn and contempt)