Reincarnation definition from www.etymonline.com: (n.) 1829, “from re- “back, again” + incarnation. Meaning “in the flesh, a new embodiment” is from 1854.
John the Baptist was Elijah reincarnated.
- Mat 11:12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
- Mat 11:13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
- Mat 11:14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.
- Mat 11:15 He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
- Mat 17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
- Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
- Mat 17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
- Mat 17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
Prophesy of John the Baptist returning in the latter days.
- Mal 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
- Mal 4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
The Pharisees (Levites) inquire of John the Baptist who he is the reincarnation of. He is Elijah reincarnated but he does not know that himself.
- Jhn 1:19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?
- Jhn 1:20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.
- Jhn 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.
- Jhn 1:22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?
- Jhn 1:23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.
- Ecc 1:11 There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after.
Conversation between Yahawashi and his disciples about our ancestors trying to guess who the Messiah was reincarnated (hint: Adam-Rom 5:14, Melchizedek-Psa 110:4, Issac-Mat 1:1, King Solomon-Mat 1:1).
- Mat 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
- Mat 16:14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
- Mat 16:15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
- Mat 16:16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
Job will see the end times because he will be (is) reincarnated during this time.
- Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
- Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
That train of thought continues in the book of Daniel.
- Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
After his death, the Messiah returns.
- Luke 24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
The spirit of a prophet will always be a prophet in previous lives and the current one.
- 1 Co 14:32: And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.
Punishments for sins are delivered in the next incarnation.
- 2 Esdras 9:11 And they that have loathed my law, while they had yet liberty, and, when as yet place of repentance was open unto them, understood not, but despised it;
- 2 Esdras 9:12 The same must know it after death by pain.
- Ecc 3:16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
- Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
Ecc 1:10 Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.