See graphic above. Birthday celebrations are of the ways and customs of the heathen. It is a form of is self-glorification, and as Israelites, we should not be doing this. The same is true for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or any other feast day/holiday that is not of Most High.
It is not enough to learn about our heritage only, we must change our ways, stop practicing the customs of the heathen and start the laws, statues and commandments (which includes our Holy Days) as it is written.
We are to keep the commandments which includes a specific set of holy days (holidays) and not add to them.
- Ecclesiastes 12:13 | Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. 14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.
The Most High Yahawah despises customs of the heathen and turns his face from Israelites that practiced them back then–how much more so today as we repent and seek mercy from Yahawah.
- Amos 5:21 | I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
- Revelation 22:18 | For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
As it is written, the pharaoh of Egypt (heathen nation of Mizraim) and Herod (heathen nation of Edom) celebrated their birthdays.
- Genesis 40:20 | And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh’s birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
- Matthew 14:6 | But when Herod’s birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
We are not to participate in any holidays of the heathen nor any other of their vain customs, whatsoever.
- Jeremiah 10:2 | Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
- Proverbs 3:31 | Envy thou not the oppressor, and choose none of his ways.
- 2 Esdars 6:55 | All this have I spoken before thee, O Lord, because thou madest the world for our sakes 56As for the other people, which also come of Adam, thou hast said that they are nothing, but be like unto spittle: and hast likened the abundance of them unto a drop that falleth from a vessel.
Birthday celebrations are vain custom rooted in self-glorification & pride.
- 1 Corinthians 3:21 | Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;
- Colossians 2:8 | Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
- 1 John 2:15 | Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Job and Jeremiah prophets of the Most High and insprired by the Holy Spirit cursed their birthdays:
- Job 3:1 | After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day. 2And Job spake, and said, 3Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived.
- Jeremiah 20:14| Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.
- 2 Peter 1:20 | Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.