The eagle here is a symbol for the kingdom of Edom.
- Oba 1:4 Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.
- 2Esd 11:39 Art not thou it that remainest of the four beasts, whom I made to reign in my world, that the end of their times might come through them?
- 2Esd 11:40 And the fourth came, and overcame all the beasts that were past, and had power over the world with great fearfulness, and over the whole compass of the earth with much wicked oppression; and so long time dwelt he upon the earth with deceit.
- 2Esd 11:41 For the earth hast thou not judged with truth.
- 2Esd 11:42 For thou hast afflicted the meek, thou hast hurt the peaceable, thou hast loved liars, and destroyed the dwellings of them that brought forth fruit, and hast cast down the walls of such as did thee no harm.
- 2Esd 11:43 Therefore is thy wrongful dealing come up unto the Highest, and thy pride unto the Mighty.
- 2Esd 11:44 The Highest also hath looked upon the proud times, and, behold, they are ended, and his abominations are fulfilled.
- 2Esd 11:45 And therefore appear no more, thou eagle, nor thy horrible wings, nor thy wicked feathers nor thy malicious heads, nor thy hurtful claws, nor all thy vain body:
- 2Esd 11:46 That all the earth may be refreshed, and may return, being delivered from thy violence, and that she may hope for the judgment and mercy of him that made her.