Prophecy and prayer of King David, he describes the wicked, who has been revealed today as Esau/Edom (Gen 36:8, Mal 1:4).
- Psa 59:2 Deliver me from the workers of iniquity, and save me from bloody men.
- Psa 59:3 For, lo, they lie in wait for my soul: the mighty are gathered against me; not for my transgression, nor for my sin, O LORD.
- Psa 10:5 His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.
- Psa 10:6 He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.
- Psa 10:7 His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
- Psa 10:8 He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor.
- Psa 10:9 He lieth in wait secretly as a lion in his den: he lieth in wait to catch the poor: he doth catch the poor, when he draweth him into his net.
The poor is a reference to the Israelites.
Esau is a cunning hunter at the very core of his spirit.
- Genesis 25:27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
- Psa 64:6 They search out iniquities; they accomplish a diligent search: both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.
- Psa 64:7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow; suddenly shall they be wounded.
- Psa 64:8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves: all that see them shall flee