The demons (devils) of self-righteousness, speaking for experience, are very difficult to recognize on oneself–until very recently, I never really understood what being self-righteousness meant.
Being self-righteous means to determine right and wrong by what I thought was right and wrong. My standard was set by my feelings, which, AT BEST is not a true standard, but rather a measure of personal wickedness. AT WORST (and perhaps most accurately) it is Satanism in disguise, worshipping oneself as god as expounded upon by Aleister Crowley below.
“Do what thou wilt, that is the whole of the law”
-Aleister Crowley renown Edomite Satanist in his The Book of the Law, (Law of Thelema) 1904
- Proverbs 26:12 | Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
- Proverbs 26:16 | The sluggard is wiser in his own conceit than seven men that can render a reason.
As it is written, a self-righteous man, a man that sets standards of his own making, is worse than a fool. This is why it is so critically important to test all things by the scriptures.
- Psalms 1:2 – But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
- Psalms 19:14 – Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
- Psalms 119:15 – I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
Let the scriptures be the standard in your life to determine all things right and wrong, all actions.
- Proverbs 3:5 | Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Let the scriptures be the standard to examine the events, motives and actions of the men & women around you.
- Proverbs 28:1 | The rich man is wise in his own conceit; but the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
If you are struggling, seek out counsellors but be wary of who you choose.
- Proverbs 24:6 | For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Proverbs 11:14 | Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety.
- Proverbs 15:22 | Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
Run your choice of cousellors first and foremost by Yahawah in the name of Yahawashi.
- Isaiah 9:6 | For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
- John 14:6 | YAHAWASHI saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- John 16:13 – Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
- John 14:26 – But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.