To better understand how Israelites behave vs heathen nations, requires the ability to discern which group is being spoken about in the scriptures. In some instances, one word can refer to Israelitse or heathen depending on the context. For example the word “heathen” can refer to either Israelites of our nation who abandoned our culture/heritage/customs and became as the heathen (Lev 7:25) or it can refer to the actual heathen nations.
Behavior as it relates to all those of kin, fellow Israelites…
- Tobit 4:16 Give of thy bread to the hungry, and of thy garments to them that are naked; and according to thine abundance give alms: and let not thine eye be envious, when thou givest alms.
- 2Co 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
- Luk 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
- Luk 6:28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
- Luk 6:29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
- Luk 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
- Luk 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
- Luk 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
- Luk 6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
- Luk 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.
- Luk 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.
- Luk 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.
- Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
- Luk 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
- Ecclesiasticus 12:5 Do well unto him that is lowly, […]
Lowly being a reference to the Israelites; however. as it relates to the heathen nations….
- Ecclesiasticus 12:5 […] but give not to the ungodly: hold back thy bread, and give it not unto him, lest he overmaster thee thereby: for else thou shalt receive twice as much evil for all the good thou shalt have done unto him.
- Ecclesiasticus 12:10 Never trust thine enemy: for like as iron rusteth, so is his wickedness.
- Baruch 4:3 Give not thine honour to another, nor the things that are profitable unto thee to a strange nation.
- 2Ch 19:2And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.
- Romans 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Obedience to the extent it does not cause you to sin, i.e. taking the mark of the beast, receiving a vaccination
- Romans 13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
- Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
- Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: