Although skin color, facial features and other outward appearances etc. may be suggestive of Israelite heritage, it is by means a no guarantee of such. There are some instances where Israelites look like the heathen nations and some instances where the other nations look like Israelites. Let’s explore why below.
As prophesied the Israelites have been scattered into all nations of the earth via various captivities, including the slave trade of most recent history.
- Deu 28:64: And the LORD shall scatter thee among all people, from the one end of the earth even unto the other; and there thou shalt serve other gods, which neither thou nor thy fathers have known, even wood and stone.
- Deu 32:26: I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:
Naturally, the Israelite men intermarried with heathen women and, after several generations, their Israelite sons began looking like those other nations and followed heathen customs. For all intents and purposes they became virtually indistinguishable from the heathen. Ireland, Scotland, Sicily, Italy, even parts of Germany are modern day “Edomite nations” that have large Isarelite populations, though you couldn’t tell by looking at an individual’s skin color and comparing it to a Hatian, for example. Another clue to the mystery of outward appearance is Jer 12:19: “Mine heritage is unto me as a speckled bird[…]”. Speckled being a reference to a variety of skin colors.
Ultimately, it is the spirit of an individual that determines Israelite heritage, Rom 8:16: “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:”. If you can receive and understand this truth (and aren’t of the wicked elite of Edom/other heathen nations who are aware of who the Israelites are and have a direct hand in our mondern day captivity) there is a chance you may be an Israelite. The level of understanding, granted by the Holy Spirit (comforter) is only given unto Israelites:
- Psa 147: 20: He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.
- Jhn 14:26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Conversely to the example above, you also have circumstances where heathen men intermarried with Israelite women (or raped, which frequently occured during slavery of the Israelites in the Americas) and those children (male or female) after continually marrying Israelites began to look just like the Israelites but their spirit is heathen.
- Mat 34:25: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
- Mat Mat 13:27: But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
- Mat 13:27: So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
- Mat 13:28: He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
- Mat 13:29: But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
- Mat 13:30: Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
The tares reference heathen seed that look like Israelites, the harvest is judgement day when the elect of the nation of Israel will be gathered together from all four corners of the earth and saved via a greater deliverance than the parting of the red sea.
- Deu 30:3: That then the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee.
- Jer 16:14: Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
- Jer 16:15: But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.