No affliction happens to us that was not birth by prior sin, whether in this life or previous ones. The afflictions we experience (this includes horrific events right down to the smallest everyday annoyance) are specific reflections of specific sins as well. Every affliction you experience, if you handle it the right way, you can refine your soul to a greater level. It is a “rite of passage” is a sense of our return to divinities on earth.
- Micah 7:9 | I will bear the indignation of the LORD, because I have sinned against him, until he plead my cause, and execute judgment for me: he will bring me forth to the light, and I shall behold his righteousness.
- Job 5:17 | Behold, happy is the man whom YAHAWAH correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:
- Job 13:15 | Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. 16He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.
- Proversb 3:11 | My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: 12For whom the LORD loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
- Hebrews 12:6 | For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7If ye endure chastening, YAHAWAH dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. 12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
Patience is key!
- Luke 21:19 | In your patience possess ye your souls.
- James 5:7 | Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain. 8Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. 9Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. 10Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience. 11Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.
The Most High Yahawah is not bringing us through the fire to destroy us but ultimately form us into something greater than the dieties we once were.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8 | We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord YAHAWASHI, that the life also of YAHAWASHI might be made manifest in our body. 11For we which live are alway delivered unto death for YAHAWASHI’ sake, that the life also of YAHAWASHI might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
- 2 Peter 2:9 | The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
- Psalms 82:6 | I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are SONS of the most High.
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego set a great example of not fleeing from afflictions. This physical example is a great metaphor for mental and spiritual afflictions as well.
- Daniel 3:17 | 17If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. 18But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.
- Ecclesiasticus 2:10 | Look at the generations of old, and see; did ever any trust in the Lord, and was confounded? or did any abide in his fear, and was forsaken? or whom did he ever despise, that called upon him? 11For the Lord is full of compassion and mercy, longsuffering, and very pitiful, and forgiveth sins, and saveth in time of affliction. 12Woe be to fearful hearts, and faint hands, and the sinner that goeth two ways!
- James 1:2 | My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 3Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
- 1 Peter 4:12 | Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of YAHAWASHI’s sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 14If ye be reproached for the name of YAHAWASHI, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of YAHAWAH resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
The end result…note that entering into the New Covenant is part of this passage.
- Ecclesiasticus 2:5 | For gold is tried in the fire, and acceptable men in the furnace of adversity. 6Believe in him, and he will help thee; order thy way aright, and trust in him. 7Ye that fear the Lord, wait for his mercy; and go not aside, lest ye fall. 8Ye that fear the Lord, believe him; and your reward shall not fail.
- Revelation 7:14 | And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
- Romans 5:1 | Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with YAHAWAH through our Lord YAHAWASHI: 2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of YAHAWAH. 3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
And if you do mess up, just get back up again and keep trying.
- Proverbs 24:10 | If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 | There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but YAHAWAH is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
- Proverbs 24:16 | For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief. 17Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: 18Lest the LORD see it, and it displease him, and he turn away his wrath from him. 19Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked;
- 1 Peter 1:16 | Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.