Through the Sprit, Micah speaks first of the wicked of our nation but second of the so-called “elite” of the Edom in the modern day.
- Micah 2:2 | And they covet fields, and take them by violence; and houses, and take them away: so they oppress a man and his house, even a man and his heritage.
- Ecclesiastes 1:9 | The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
As Yahawah prepares to reinstate the Israelites as the powers over the all the earth and all other nations, he is breaking the power Edomites once held. Once the nation of Edom falls from power, they will never rise again; the curses/utter ruin that fell upon our nation at the hands of Edom will be placed on the Edomites even more harshly.
- Deuteronomy 30:7 | And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.
All the nations that lived in subjection under them will speak these words against them.
- Micah 2:4 | In that day shall one take up a parable against you, and lament with a doleful lamentation, and say, We be utterly spoiled: he hath changed the portion of my people: how hath he removed it from me! turning away he hath divided our fields.
- NLT | Micah 2:4 | In that day your enemies will make fun of you by singing this song of despair about you: “We are finished, completely ruined! God has confiscated our land, taking it from us. He has given our fields to those who betrayed us.”
Everywhere you turn on social media it seems like the common person of the other nations, who once looked up to the Edomites, are now hating them more and more with every day that passes because the hidden wickedness of Edomites is being put on public display. Not one single Edomite will be able to escape their coming horrific fall from power and 1,000 year judgement of slavery (see Obadiah).
- Micah 2:3 | Therefore thus saith the LORD; Behold, against this family do I devise an evil, from which ye shall not remove your necks; neither shall ye go haughtily: for this time is evil.
- NLT | Micah 2:4 | But this is what the Lord says: “I will reward your evil with evil; you won’t be able to pull your neck out of the noose. You will no longer walk around proudly, for it will be a terrible time.”