Potentially empty food banks and an end to food stamps primarily affecting the Israelites. The time of Jacob’s trouble…
Food Stamps for 38 Million Americans Gone By February. Could Riots Ensue? | Source: Money and Markets
The Department of Agriculture says if the ongoing government shutdown extends into February, there won’t be enough money for those on food stamps.
And the way President Donald Trump has dug himself inw, it doesn’t look like a compromise with Democrats, who are set to take control of the House, is coming any time soon.
At the heart of the government shutdown is Trump’s demand for more money to secure the southern border with Mexico. And the Democrats also have dug their heels in, saying they will not give any more than $1.3 billion, which is to be used for fencing and shoring up current security.
Trump is demanding at least $5 billion to begin construction of the border wall that was the centerpiece of his campaign.
There are about 38 million people currently receiving food stamps and they could all be cut off, and there’s no telling what could happen.
The shutdown will be one week old as of midnight tonight, Dec. 28, and government workers already are up in arms over their paychecks having been delayed due to the shutdown.
And if tens of millions of Americans are cut off from their main food supply, things could get ugly in a hurry.
Per End of the American Dream:
“Even though the government has been shut down, the Department of Agriculture still has some existing financial resources at their disposal, and they are assuring us that those enrolled in the food stamp program will still receive their benefits “for January.” The following comes from CNN…
Eligible households will still receive monthly SNAP benefits for January. But other domestic nutrition assistance programs such as the Commodity Supplemental Food Program, WIC, and the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations will only be operational based on available resources. Additional federal funds and commodities will not be provided during the shutdown.
Child nutrition programs including School Lunch, School Breakfast, Child and Adult Care Feeding, Summer Food Service and Special Milk will continue through February.”
King James Bible:
- 2 Esdras 6:22 | And suddenly shall the sown places appear unsown, the full storehouses shall suddenly be found empty:
- 2 Esdras 6:23 | And the trumpet shall give a sound, which when every man heareth, they shall be suddenly afraid.
- 2 Esdras 6:24 | At that time shall friends fight one against another like enemies, and the earth shall stand in fear with those that dwell therein, the springs of the fountains shall stand still, and in three hours they shall not run.
- Isa 3:1 | For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,
- Isa 30:1 | Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
- Isa 30:2 | That walk to go down into Egypt, and have not asked at my mouth; to strengthen themselves in the strength of Pharaoh, and to trust in the shadow of Egypt!
- Isa 30:3 | Therefore shall the strength of Pharaoh be your shame, and the trust in the shadow of Egypt your confusion.
- Rev 11:8 | And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.