- Jer 51:7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD’S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.
Babylon is a reference to America (see Isa 47:1 & Ecc 1:9) below. It was as a golden cup, meaning is was regarded as the glory of the whole world. The is the false philosophies, ways of life and culture spread through its i.e. media, religion, politics that are all virtually in conflict with righteousness.
- Jer 51:8 Babylon is suddenly fallen and destroyed: howl for her; take balm for her pain, if so be she may be healed.
As is happening now, suddenly is America being brought low. Balm, nor anything or anyone else, can save her.
- Jer 51:9 We would have healed Babylon, but she is not healed: forsake her, and let us go every one into his own country: for her judgment reacheth unto heaven, and is lifted up even to the skies.
The heathens that are in Bablyon, mainly excluding the Edomites, will flee back to their own nations. The greatest judgement of Babylon is not for them, although they will be judged for their wickedness perpetuated against the Israelites.
- Ecc 1:9 The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.
In a sense, history is repeating itself: the destruction of Babylon back then thousands of years ago to end our captivity vs the destruction of Babylon, the daughter of Babylon or America, now to end our final captivity.
- Isa 47:1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.
The daughter of Babylon is a reference to America today. It is virgin because it has essentially been untouched by the influence of other nations but now it is being cast down to be violated, never to rise again.