As the elect of the nation of Israel turn back to their heritage and seek the paths of our fathers (Jer 6:16) all the curses we experienced will be shifted to the heathen (Deu 30:7), in particular the nation of Edom which is prophesied as our final captivity before our Kingdom of Heaven is established (Dan 2:42).
- Joel 1:17 The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered.
This is only the beginning. Here is what is to come based on the prophecies from 2nd Esdras.
- 2 Esdras 16:22 For many of them that dwell upon earth shall perish of famine; and the other, that escape the hunger, shall the sword destroy.
- 2 Esdras 15:57 Thy children shall die of hunger, and thou shalt fall through the sword: thy cities shall be broken down, and all thine shall perish with the sword in the field.
- 2 Esdras 15:58 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
They that be in the mountains shall die of hunger, and eat their own flesh, and drink their own blood, for very hunger of bread, and thirst of water.
Some advice if you have are prosperous now from the book of Sirach.
- Ecc 18:25 When thou hast enough, remember the time of hunger: and when thou art rich, think upon poverty and need.